Sunday, January 15, 2012

Ron Paul's Kool-Aid Brigade seems familiar...

Ron Paul and the PaulBots often like to say that people are afraid of them because they want constitutionalism and liberty. They say that scares people.
Well, Ron Paul and his followers do scare me. I’ll admit it. But I’m not afraid of liberty, or the constitution or cutting the fed back to a reasonable size. What I am afraid of is the lack of rationale, the lack of systematic logic, and the lack of reality I find in Ron Paul’s supporters.

Every time Paul speaks they flock to the TVs, the YouTube, the blogs and declare just how brilliant he is. “It’s gold, pure gold!” they gush, and they will not tolerate naysayers.
Worse, they never question him, his ideas, or his philosophies. Ever try arguing with a Paulbot? It's like arguing with a two year old. I hate to say this, but I’ve had more productive and rational arguments with Marxist Liberals—whom I vehemently disagree with.

A Paulbot never stops to think, “Maybe I don’t agree with that.” I respect a Ron Paul supporter who says, “Yes, I love him, but this particular issue/policy that he has bothers me. I don’t agree with him on _______.” Yet many people see him as doing no wrong. Many of my friends feel this way about him, spouting press-release catchphrases, and over-simplified BS about foreign policy. You know what you call someone who can do no wrong? Messianic.

That’s why the Paulbots scare me. They remind me of someone…a lot of someones.
They remind me of a thronging mass of people, a people who believed, a people that could not be argued or reasoned with, a people who proclaimed vision, a people who finally had hope, and were ready for change. We all know what those people did.
They elected one of the worst presidents in US History…Barack Hussein Obama.

I don’t like people making messiahs--and I don’t believe in political messiahs. I don’t believe any one human is that perfect (save for Christ). They’re human: by definition they can’t be 100% right.
If the Paulbots want any form of respect, they’ve got to take logic to the floor and acknowledge that the man has problems, some big, some small--just like anyone else. As long as he stays put as their unquestionable messiah, they’ll be treated exactly like the cult that they act like. And the internet polls where the Kool-Aid Brigade show up to stuff the ballot box aren't helping matters any. Tin foil hats anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment